Interested in Learning More About Prescription Drug Abuse?
From Gazebo News
Submitted by LEAD
Are you interested in understanding the current trends in prescription drug abuse? Would you like to learn solutions to curb prescription drug misuse and abuse in your community? Join LEAD for our Prescription for Prevention Summit on September 23, 2014. The Summit will run from 10:30am-2:30pm and will be held at Advocate Condell Conference Center in Libertyville.
This program will outline current prescription drug issues and community-wide solutions for those issues. A panel, including the following community leaders will speak and answer questions during lunchtime.
- Mike Nerheim, Lake County State’s Attorney
- Dr. Adam Rubinstein, Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Demtra Ashley, DEA Prescription Drug Program Manager
- Chelesa Laliberte, LiveforLali.org Executive Director
- Laura Crain, McHenry County Drug Free Program Coordinator
- Neeva Sandhu, Senior Counselor for Advocate Addiction Treatment Program
- Young Person in Recovery
After the Summit, participants will have the opportunity to participate in Naloxone training, provided by Live4Lali.org. Naloxone is a drug that reverses the effects of heroin overdose and allows first responders time to get an overdosing patient to the ER for necessary treatment.
You can register for the Summit at www.leadingefforts.org/RxSummit. The cost to register is $15. CPDUs will be offered to teachers at no additional cost; CEUs will be offered to social workers for an additional $15. Lunch will be provided. For more information, feel free to call Joy Markee or Andy Duran at 847-295-9075.